I arrived in Tauranga on Sunday night (1/5) to drizzle, over the next 24 hours it escalated to lashing rain and gusts of wind which destroyed my brolly. Note to self. Add a raincoat to travelling librarian kit.
I’m here at the Tauranga office of Boffa Miskell until Friday lunchtime - here’s what I’ve been up to so far …
Day one: Reassessing what needs to be done:
- finish cataloguing the collection of guidelines
- weeding and arranging the hard landscaping resources (paving stones, tactile pavers, weed mat etc!!!)
- assigning jobs to P and L - district plans and landscape resources collections, and of course, more labeling!
- weeded landscape resources shelves (product information) - half is in the recycling
- moving landscape resources to sit with the hard resources
- weeding the district plans
- more cataloguing, think my fingers are going to fall off
- meeting with the ecologists to discuss their office library, made a plan together that incorporates cataloguing their own books as well
- negotiating a visit to the Auckland office to do similar work for them in their library!